Andeka was born in Abadiño (Bilbao). He started his Vocal Studies with Ana Begoña Hernández and is currently with Elisabetta Fiorillo in Rome and the tenor Francisco Casanova in EEUU. Andeka Gorrotxategi has had a brilliant career which has taken him to some of the most prestigious theatres in Spain and Europe in the last two years: Teatro de la Zarzuela (Madrid), Teatro de la Maestranza (Sevilla), Teatro Campoamor (Oviedo), La Fenice (Venice), and Ópera de Roma (Caracalla) y Salzburgo. He has sung at Teatro Bicentenario (México) and Teatro Argentino (La Plata) as well.
Future engagements include Carmen at the Amazonas Opera Festival of Manaos, Curro Vargas at Teatro de la Zarzuela (Madrid) in a new Graham Vick’s production, El Gato Montés at Teatro San Carlo (Lisboa), a Bob Wilson production of La Traviata at Teatro Real (Madrid), and Attila at Montecarlo.
He has won the following prizes:
- First Prize - “Singing Competition” - Logroño, 2006.
- Third Prize - “Manuel Ausensi Competition” - Barcelona, 2006.
- Second Prize – “International Singing Competition” - Bilbao, 2006.
- First Prize – “Luis Mariano Competition” - Irún, 2007.
- Third Prize – “International Opera Competition” – Marseille, 2007.
- Third Prize – “Manuel Ausensi Competition” – Barcelona, 2009.
- First Prize – “International Zarzuela Competition Ana María Iriarte” 2010.
In the 2008/2009 season he sang La primera noche de Walpurgis by F. Mendelssohn and Mefistofele: Faust by A. Boito at the Euskalduna Auditorium in Bilbao, supported by the “Asociación Musical Alfredo Kraus” (AMAK).
In 2011 he made his debut in Italy singing Madama Butterfly in Novara and the Donizetti Bergamo Festival.
In 2012 he sang El Gato Montés in a new José Carlos Plaza production in Teatro de la Zarzuela (Madrid) and Teatro Calderon in Valladolid, Werther at the Teatro Argentino (La Plata), Belisario at the Donizetti Bergamo Festival and Madama Butterfly at the Teatro Gayarre (Pamplona).
In 2013 he sang I masnadieri and Madama Butterfly at La Fenice, Werther at Salzburg, Madama Butterfly at the Teatro Bicentenario (León, México), El Gato Montés at La Maestranza (Sevilla) and Teatro Campoamor (Oviedo) and Tosca at Caracalla and Padua.