Terms and Conditions of Entry
Acceptance of Conditions
1. Information regarding the prize and how to enter, forms part of these conditions. By entering into this competition by Opera Australia (‘Promoter’), entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
Restrictions of Entry
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents over 18 years of age with a full Australian driver’s license (‘Eligible Entrants’). Parties excluded from entry include: directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of Opera Australia, Mazda Australia Pty Ltd (and its related corporations), Mazda Dealers and any company associated with the competition.
Duration of Competition
3. The competition commences on Tuesday 4 October 2016 at 10.00am AEDT, and closes on Tuesday 31 January 2017 at 5.00pm AEDT (‘Competition Period’).
Method of Entry
4. To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete and submit the online competition form ('Form') on the Opera Australia website at opera.org.au/mazda during the Competition Period. Each Eligible Entrant can only submit the Form once. Multiple Form submissions will be disqualified.
5. Eligible Entrants that submit an entry in accordance with clause 4 above may submit multiple entries into the competition by sharing the competition on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, using the share buttons on the confirmation page that appears after submitting the Form. Each Eligible Entrant can share multiple times, and each new share will count for one additional entry into the competition.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, corruption, tampering, deletion, transmission interruption, communications failure, theft or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences resulting from user error (including and without limitation to costs incurred).
Details of the Prize and Value
7. The Prize is one (1) Mazda6 Atenza, 5-seat, 2.5L I4 petrol, 6-speed automatic sedan in Soul Red Metallic (‘Prize’).
8. The Prize is valued up to $50,616.00 including 12 months registration, stamp duty, other applicable statutory charges, on-road costs across all five markets, dealer delivery and administrations charges (which may vary State by State). The Prize does not include any type of insurance, any other accessories or any other associated costs not specified in this clause.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative vehicle colour if Soul Red Metallic is unavailable at the time of the draw or substitute for a prize of the same or greater value (determined by the Promoter) than the original prize, where the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter. The alternate or substituted prize is subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
10. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
11. The Prize will be delivered to the winner, or their representative, at the winner’s nearest authorised Mazda dealership based on their residential address. Delivery of the Prize will be at the Promoter’s discretion and occur within twenty eight (28) days after the winner has been notified. Other ancillary costs incurred by the winner as a result of redeeming the Prize are at the responsibility of the winner (including travel to the dealership).
12. The Prize is supplied by Mazda Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 78 004 690 804, of 211A Wellington Road, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170) ('Mazda').
13. For further information on the Prize, Opera Australia can be contacted via mail to PO Box 291, Strawberry Hills, New South Wales, 2012, by phone +61 2 9699 1099 or by fax +61 2 9698 8555.
14. The draw will be conducted on Wednesday 1 February 2017 at 3.00pm AEDT at the premises of Opera Australia, 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales, 2010 by an approved electronic draw system. An independent scrutineer will oversee the draw. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the Prize.
Notification of the winner
15. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw date. The winner’s name, suburb and state/territory of residence will be published on the Opera Australia website at opera.org.au/mazda on Thursday 2 February 2017 and in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Monday 6 February 2017.
16. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
17. Should the winner of the initial draw not claim their prize within three (3) months of the draw, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a second draw three (3) months following the initial draw, on Tuesday 2 May 2017 at 3.00pm AEST at the same location as the original draw. Subject to any written notice from any relevant gaming authority.
18. Any alternate winner will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the second draw date. Their name, suburb and state/territory of residence will be published on the Opera Australia website at opera.org.au/mazda on Wednesday 3 May 2017 and in The Australian newspaper on Monday 8 May 2017.
Exclusion of Liability
19. The Promoter, Mazda and their respective associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
20. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter, Mazda and their respective associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to the Prize.
21. As the Prize does not include comprehensive insurance, the winner is advised to arrange their own insurance prior to collection of the vehicle.
22. This competition is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn. Entrants completely release the above parties from any liability associated with participating in this competition.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
24. In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of the Promoter. The winner further acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter has the right to publicise his/her name, the State or Territory in which the winner ordinarily resides, photograph, likeness and/or voice in any language and in any media (whether now known or later devised) throughout the world in perpetuity without restriction in respect of this Promotion and any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter, without any payment being made to them.
25. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and Mazda. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter and Mazda for the purpose of conducting this promotion. The Promoter and Mazda may disclose entrants’ personal information to their contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory gaming authorities and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation. The Promoter and Mazda are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Eligible Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the address below.
The Promoter is Opera Australia, The Opera Centre, 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales, 2010 (ABN 26 000 755 153). Phone +61 2 9699 1099.
Opera Australia is authorised under the following permits to conduct this competition.
ACT Permit No: TP 16/01930
NSW Permit No: LTPS/16/07805
SA Permit No: T16/1756