The winner of the Competition is K. Thomas of Spring Gully, VIC
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Conditions
1. Information regarding the prize and how to enter, forms part of these conditions. By entering into this competition by Opera Australia (‘Promoter’), entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
Restrictions of Entry
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who have attended a performance of Opera Australia’s production of The Marriage of Figaro in 2016 (‘Eligible Entrants’). Parties excluded from entry include: directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of Opera Australia.
Duration of Competition
3. The competition commences on Friday 15 July 2016 at 12.01am AEST, and closes on Sunday 11 September 2016 at 11.55pm AEST (‘Competition Period’).
Method of Entry
4. To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete and submit the online competition form on the Opera Australia website at opera.org.au/tour-survey during the Competition Period ('Form'). Each Eligible Entrant can only submit the Form once. Multiple Form submissions will be disqualified.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, corruption, tampering, deletion, transmission interruption, communications failure, theft or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences resulting from user error (including and without limitation to costs incurred).
Details of the Prize and Value
6. The Prize is one (1) 16gb iPad mini 2, Wifi only, in Silver Grey (‘Prize’).
7. The Prize is valued up to $369 . The Prize does not include any type of insurance, any other accessories or any other associated costs not specified in this clause.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative ipad colour if silver grey is unavailable at the time of the draw or substitute for a prize of the same or greater value (determined by the Promoter) than the original prize, where the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter. The alternate or substituted prize is subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
9. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
10. The Prize will be delivered to the winner, or their representative, at their nominated address. Delivery of the Prize will be at the Promoter’s discretion and occur within twenty eight (28) days after the winner has been notified. Other ancillary costs incurred by the winner as a result of redeeming the Prize are at the responsibility of the winner.
11. The Prize is supplied by Opera Australia (ABN: 26 000 755 153, of 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010) (’Opera Australia’).
12. For further information on the Prize, Opera Australia can be contacted via mail to PO Box 291, Strawberry Hills, New South Wales, 2012, by phone +61 2 9699 1099 or by fax +61 2 9699 8555.
13. The draw will be conducted on Monday 10 October 2016 at 3.00pm AEST at the premises of Opera Australia, 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales, 2010 by an approved electronic draw system. The first valid entry randomly will win the Prize.
Notification of the winner
15. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw date. The winner’s name, suburb and state/territory of residence will be published on the Opera Australia website at opera.org.au/tour-survey on Tuesday 11 October 2016.
16. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
17. Should the winner of the initial draw not claim their prize within three (3) months of the draw, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a second draw three (3) months following the initial draw on Monday 9 January 2017 at 3.00pm AEST at the same location as the original draw. Subject to any written notice from any relevant gaming authority.
18. Any alternate winner will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the second draw date. Their name, suburb and state/territory of residence will be published on the Opera Australia website at opera.org.au/tour-survey on Tuesday 10 January 2017.
Exclusion of Liability
19. The Promoter and their respective associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
20. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and their respective associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to the Prize.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
22. In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of the Promoter. The winner further acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter has the right to publicise his/her name, the State or Territory in which the winner ordinarily resides, photograph, likeness and/or voice in any language and in any media (whether now known or later devised) throughout the world in perpetuity without restriction in respect of this Promotion and any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter, without any payment being made to them.
23. All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to their contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory gaming authorities and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation. The Promoter are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Eligible Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the address below.
The Promoter is Opera Australia, The Opera Centre, 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales, 2010 (ABN 26 000 755 153). Phone +61 2 9699 1099.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/01062.