Valentines Day Competition Terms and Conditions
Promotion: Use the promo code IMPRESS when you buy a ticket to:
- La Traviata at the Sydney Opera House on 14 February 2017 at 7:30pm to go into the draw for a chance to win dinner for two at Bennelong Restaurant, or
- Carmen — Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour playing 24 March-23 April 2017 to go into the draw for a chance to win a Platinum Club experience for two.
The Promoter is Opera Australia (ABN 26 000 755 153) of The Opera Centre, 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2012.
Promotion period: The Promotion will commence at 9:00am AEST on Monday 23 January 2017 and will close at 11:59pm AEST Sunday 12 February 2017.
Prize: There are two prizes:
- The Bennelong gift voucher is valued at $410. Opera Australia has already made a reservation at Bennelong Restaurant on 14 February 2017. The prize winner can choose to redeem the voucher on 14 February 2017, or to book a reservation on an alternative night.
- The Platinum Club experience for two is valued at $540, consisting of:
- Platinum Club dinner for two at the Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour site, from 5:30pm on the night of the performance which they booked for. The dinner must be redeemed on the night they are attending Carmen. $245 per person.
- Interval drink for two at the Platinum Club on the Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour site. Interval drink must be redeemed on the night they are attending Carmen. $25 per person.
The prizes are not transferable, divisible or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
Eligibility: Entry is open to individuals, aged 18 years or over living in Australia, who have paid and completed a transaction to buy tickets to:
- La Traviata in the Joan Sutherland Theatre, Sydney Opera House on 14 February 2017 at 7:30pm, or
- Carmen — Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour in 2017.
The entrants must enter the promo code IMPRESS during check out to be eligible, and the transactions must be processed before 11:59pm AEST Sunday 12 February 2017. This promo code cannot be combined with any other promotion code, offer, or discount.
Only one entry per person will be accepted.
The competition is not open to employees of Opera Australia, their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the competition.
By entering this competition and using the promotion code, the entrant agrees to receive emails from Opera Australia in regards to this competition. The competition entrant may unsubscribe at any time.
Draw: Two draws will take place:
- One winner will be randomly drawn from the list of La Traviata 14 February 2017 ticket holders, at 12:00pm AEST on Monday 13 February 2017 at the head office of the Promoter, located at 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2012. The first name drawn will win the Bennelong voucher prize.
- One winner will be randomly drawn from the list of Carmen – Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour 2017 ticket holders, at 2:00pm AEST on Monday 13 February 2017 at the head office of the Promoter, located at 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2012. The first name drawn will win the Platinum Club experience prize.
The winners will be notified via phone or email and their names will be published on the Opera Australia website, on this webpage, on the date of the draw.
Redraw: In the event of the prizes remaining unclaimed for seven days, the winner will be redrawn.
Incomplete and incomprehensible entries and entries with defamatory or offensive content or incorrect contact details are not eligible to win. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for misdirected, lost or delayed entries and entries not received for any reason during the promotion period, or for any technical difficulties with entry.
Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
All prizes must be taken as stated. The judge's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from the competition, except that which cannot be excluded by law.
Opera Australia is authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/16/01110 to conduct this competition.