1.Entry is open to Australian residents, aged 18 years or over, who have successfully completed and submitted the Aida on the Beach competition form during the promotional period.
2. Only one entry form per person will be accepted.
3. The promoter is Opera Australia (ABN 26 000 755 153) of 'The Opera Centre' 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
4. The competition is not open to employees of Opera Australia, Sofitel Gold Coast, or Qantas, their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the competition.
5. There is one (1) prize package, which includes:
a. Two (2) A-reserve tickets to a performance of Aida on the Beach playing on selected nights between 21-30 September 2017, valued at approximately $164.
b. Return Qantas Economy class flights from the closest capital city to Gold Coast Airport for two (2) people, up to $1500 in total. See additional terms and conditions below.
c. One (1) night's accommodation at Sofitel Gold Coast including buffet breakfast, valued at approximately $323. The accommodation is subject to availability, needs to be pre-booked with the hotel, and is for one night's stay on the night the winner attends Aida on the Beach.
d. Return transfers from Sofitel Gold Coast to Aida on the Beach, valued at approximately $150.
6. The competition starts at 9am AEST on Thursday 17 August 2017 and continues until 11:59pm AEST on Friday 25 August 2017.
7. The Promoter will select one entry to win. This judging will take place at The Opera Centre (480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills NSW) at 2pm on Monday 28 August 2017. Two employees of the Promoter will judge the winner.
8. The winner will be notified in writing by email on Monday 28 August 2017. If the winner does not claim their prize within 7 days, the competition will be redrawn.
9. Incomplete and incomprehensible entries and entries with defamatory or offensive content or incorrect contact details are not eligible to win. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for misdirected, lost or delayed entries and entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period, or for any technical difficulties with entry.
10. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
11. All prizes must be taken as stated. The prizes are not transferable, divisible or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. The judge's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from the competition, except that which cannot be excluded by law.
Additional Terms & Conditions relating to prize item b) return flights:
1. The return Economy Class tickets are valid until 30 September 2017 between the winner's closest Australian Capital to Gold Coast airport only. Flights will only be supplied if the winner lives more than 2-hours drive from Coolangatta.
2. Tickets must be booked by 8 September 2017 and travel to be completed by 30 September 2017. The total amount of flights shall not exceed $1500. If the total of the flights is less than $1500 the winner may not redeem the difference in cash or other goods or services.
3. Prize tickets are valid for air travel only, and are not applicable on any other services such accommodation, travel insurance, or any other ancillary services. Other conditions may apply.
4. Prize tickets are valid for Economy Class air travel only, and will be subject to availability and the winner and their nominated travel companion must travel together on the same flights on all sectors (stopovers are not permitted).
5. Tickets are not transferable, re-routable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
6. Visas, meals, accommodation, travel insurance, taxes, transfers, transport to and from departure ports and all other travel documentation and costs are the responsibility of the winner.
7. Prize tickets are not upgradeable with cash or Frequent Flyer points. Travel is to be in the class and category specified in condition 2 only.
8.Stopovers are not permitted. Where a destination includes an overnight stop (due to unavailability of connecting air services), accommodation will be at the winner’s expense.
9.Qantas Airways and Opera Australia are not responsible for any arranging or paying for any additional or ancillary costs associated with travel on the prize flights, including travel insurance, government taxes (including departure taxes) or airport charges or spending money. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and any travelling companion have any necessary travel documents (such as passport, visa, etc) and that you comply with any relevant health or other governmental requirements.
10. Frequent Flyer points cannot be earned or accumulated in respect of prize flights.
11. Compliance with any health or other government requirements are the responsibility of the prizewinner and companion.
12. The Qantas Conditions of Carriage will apply to your prize flights (if there is any inconsistency, the Qantas Conditions of Carriage will apply to the extent of the inconsistency).
13. Please note that the terms and conditions of entry to the competition also apply (if there is any inconsistency, then these prize winner conditions will apply to the extent of the inconsistency).