Your 20s are the decade to do it all: see the world, try new things and have adventures. It's a decade for drama and decadence. It's the decade to do all of the above…at the opera.
But if you haven't ticked off a night at the opera — better yet — three nights at the opera, you're missing out on dramatic and lavish entertainment — at around what you might spend for a nice dinner out.
Take advantage of our Under 30 subscription packages and no one has to know you're paying peanuts for premium entertainment.
Choose three shows, pick three dates and you're pre-planned and pre-paid for three fantastic nights out in 2018. Commitment-phobic? As a subscriber, you can exchange your tickets for free.
Pick and mix your favourites, or choose from one of our curated packages:
Plan Date Night
Trust us, there’s nothing more romantic than a little tragedy.
- La Traviata: Opera like you see in the movies, with a dying courtesan and disapproving father-in-law thrown in for good measure.
- Carmen: A feisty, fearless heroine, a cocky bullfighter and a jealous lover bound by fate in a vibrant production of this irresistible opera.
- La Bohème on Sydney Harbour: The ultimate love story, fireworks and the most spectacular views: this is the ultimate date night.
Get the Gang Together
Because you need a reason to dress up, drink and discuss the drama on stage.
- The Merry Widow: A frothy comedy, bubbling over with memorable tunes, elegant dance numbers and charming characters.
- The Turk in Italy: A ridiculous romp by the seaside with our finest comic talents decked out in gelato colours.
- Evita: Featuring some of the best-loved songs in musical theatre, directed by legendary Broadway director Hal Prince, and starring Tina Arena as Eva Peron.
Something to Talk About
Discover something new with these rare and exciting works, and debate their merits at the bar afterwards.
- Metamorphosis: Kafka’s intriguing story of change, horror and what makes us human with an inventive contemporary score.
- The Nose: It’s a zany, hyperactive cabaret about a lowly official who chases his gallivanting nose around town after it escapes his face.
- Aida:A royal love triangle spanning two nations at war. Our new production features high-tech sets so tangible, it's hard to believe they are just light and shadow.