Current Casting Calls
Male Child Dancers: The Nose, Sydney
OPEN DANCE AUDITION: Sunday 12 March
Opera Australia is seeking male dancers for its 2018 Sydney season of The Nose — an exciting new co-production with Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, directed by Barrie Kosky and choreographed by Otto Pichler.
This production will commence rehearsals 15 January 2018 and be performed at the Sydney Opera House 21 February– 3 March 2018.
Casual contracts will be offered to Sydney-based male dancers, all roles are non-singing / non-speaking.
We are looking for:
- 9 Adult Male Dancers – Tap Dancers with contemporary dance skills or Contemporary Dancers who can tap! In other words, ‘all-rounders’ with tap ability - extroverted and exuberant personalities, comfortable performing in high heels and corsets. Dancers must be willing to work as a team, collaborate in the creative process and have stamina. Musicality and working to complex rhythms and will also be an advantage!
- 1 Child Male Tap Dancer – Maximum height 135cm (4’5”), between ages of 8-13yrs. Excellent tap dancing ability, stage presence, stage confidence and musicality an advantage.
Pay & terms
Dancers pay rates will be in accordance with the Opera Australia Enterprise Agreement. Rehearsal rates are currently $40.88/ hour (minimum 3 hour call). Performance rates are calculated on skill acquisition and years’ of professional experience, starting at Level 1 - $214.71 /performance through to Level 5 - $266.13/ performance (minimum 4 hour call).
Audition date & registration
An Audition will take place on Sunday 12 March 2017 at Brent Street Studios, The Entertainment Quarter, 122 Lang Road, Moore Park, 2021.
11am | Child Male Dancers | Studio T1
12.30pm | Adult Male Dancers | Studio T1
Dancers who wish to attend the audition are required to register by forwarding their CV and headshot to: email@example.com
Registrations will also be accepted via Showcast.
Dancers in Royal Opera House's production of The Nose.
We're seeking Gold Coast or Brisbane based actors for our forthcoming season of Griffith Opera on the Beach: Aida, to be directed by Hugh Halliday and conducted by Tahu Matheson.
This production will play on Coolangatta Beach from 21-30 September 2017. Casual contracts will be offered to Gold Coast / Brisbane-based actors with the schedule as follows:
- Production Rehearsals, Brisbane: 28 August–14 September (number of actor rehearsals calls to be determined during this period)
- Stage Rehearsals, Coolangatta: 15–20 September
- 6 Performances, Coolangatta: 21–23 and 28–30 September
All roles are non-singing / non-speaking.
We're looking for 2 Male Actors – confident actors who are coordinated, physically fit and able to move well. Age range between 20 and 30 with a strong and athletic build.
Auditions will take place on 29 May at Kirra Hill Community and Cultural Centre, Coolangatta. Exact times and address to be confirmed. Actors should please wear form-fitting dancewear for the audition.
Those who wish to attend are invited to apply online. Please attach a CV/resume and headshot to your application.
Attendance numbers are strictly limited. An invitation to attend the audition will be emailed to individuals who are successful in their application.
Submissions close 3pm Wednesday 24 May 2017