Opera Australia regularly advertises job vacancies in such as areas as artist management, orchestral management, music and language coaching, technical support, manufacturing, general administration, and education.
All advertised positions are placed on this Opera Australia website. Positions are usually advertised on ArtsHub, and often on sites such as Seek but less frequently in the press. For some jobs, professional association newsletters are also used to get the word out about vacant positions.
For more information about working at Opera Australia, contact Julie Pritchard, HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixed-term, full-time position
Do you have experience in stage production, as well as being a capable administrator?
Opera Australia is seeking an experienced person who can take on the role of Production Coordinator, In-Theatre, for a fixed-term contract of two years.
This full-time role involves maintaining the work schedule, coordinating storage, documentation, and disposal requirements for In-Theatre productions, co-ordinating container movements and rehearsal set-ups, providing support for project functions and foyer activity, supporting with supplier contracts and WH&S, and assisting with financial administration in the In-Theatre team.
The role requires a high standard of administrative competence, supporting the Director, Technical Production, in the successful delivery of all projects on time and within budget.
We are looking for a person who has:
- Demonstrated experience in production
- Demonstrated large-scale event management experience
- Demonstrated budget management experience
- Demonstrated experience and training in WH&S
- Excellent inter-personal and problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of opera repertoire
- Flexibility regarding to working hours and responsibilities
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel) and database experience