Keeping you safe at the theatre
We're excited to welcome you safely back to the theatre in 2021. Please find all the information you need for your COVID Safe visit to our performance venues on this page.
Are you unable to attend a performance due to COVID-19? Read more about ticket exchanges.
La Traviata on the Harbour is a COVID-Safe event.
Please familiarise yourself with our COVID-Safe practices so we can all play our part in keeping our community safe.
Our event will comply with all Public Health Orders and adhere to our epidemiologist-approved COVID-Safe Plan.
Please do not attend the event if:
- You are feeling unwell
- You should be isolating for any reason
You must not attend if you have had symptoms of COVID-19 within the 72 hours prior to the performance and have not received a negative COVID-19 test result.
There is a flexible cancellation policy for your tickets, should you need to stay home.
All patrons must sign in using the QR code for the Service NSW app on your smartphone. You will find the QR code on our signage along the pathway to the entrance. Your sign in will be checked when your ticket is scanned before you can enter the site.
The wearing of face masks is strongly recommended throughout the event. Face masks must be worn on all public transport, including our complimentary shuttle bus from the Domain Car Park to the venue.
During the event:
- Please make use of the hand sanitising stations provided around site and ensure you wash your hands frequently.
- Remember to cover your mouth with your arm or elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Please maintain social distancing wherever possible during the event, and observe queuing and traffic flow signage across the site, which is designed for your safety.
- Please only sit in your allocated seat.
- The venue is a cashless site, to minimise shared contact surfaces. Please pay by card.
Exiting the venue:
At the conclusion of the performance, our ushers will instruct patrons to leave the venue one seating section and row at a time, in an effort to maintain social distancing. We appreciate your cooperation and patience.
It is mandatory for every Victorian business to have a COVIDSafe Plan for each worksite. The Arts Centre Melbourne COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan outlines the COVID-19 safety precautions in place throughout the opening up of Arts Centre Melbourne venues and facilities. This will ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone who visits Arts Centre Melbourne, including customers, presenters, hirers and team members.
The Sydney Opera House's venues, including the Joan Sutherland Theatre, are now open to 100% capacity.
The Opera House and its food and beverage venues are registered as COVID Safe businesses with the NSW Government. To provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, the Opera House has made some changes to the way it operates.
If you are no longer able to attend, please exchange your tickets online. You may exchange over the phone or via email if you contact us before midday on the day of any weeknight performances, and midday Friday for weekends. Options for you may include:
- Exchanging your tickets for a different future performance of the same production, subject to availability. If you exchange for a lower value ticket, we will refund you the difference in the ticket price. If you exchange for a higher value ticket, we will charge you the difference in the ticket price, subject to availability.
- Exchanging your tickets for a different Opera Australia production, subject to availability. If you exchange for a lower value ticket, we will refund you the difference in the ticket price. If you exchange for a higher value ticket, we will charge you the difference in the ticket price.
- If a ticket exchange is not available, we may issue a credit note for the value of your ticket to be used towards the purchase of tickets to a future Opera Australia event.