Share your selfie with the dragon on Sydney Harbour
Take a selfie with the dragon at Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour — Turandot for your chance to win the ultimate opera experience at the Sydney Opera House.
Facebook: Post it on Opera Australia’s page for your chance to win.
Twitter & Instagram: Tag @operaaustralia in your photo and post to your profile with #operaharbour for your chance to win.
At the end of the Opera on Sydney Harbour season, our favourite snap will win a premium opera experience for two (valued at over $1000) at the Sydney Opera House this July:
- Two premium tickets to Carmen at Sydney Opera House in July 2016.
- One night's accomodation at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
- A program voucher
Note: entry is open to all ticketholders but the prize must be redeemed in Sydney during the 2016 Carmen season. Prizewinners will be responsible for their own travel.
Terms and conditions
- Entry is open to Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour – Turandot ticketholders, aged 18 years or over, who have posted a selfie with the dragon on Opera Australia’s Facebook page, or on Twitter or Instagram using the #operaharbour hashtag during the Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour season – between 24 March and 24 April in 2016.
- The Promoter is Opera Australia (ABN 26 000 755 153) of 'The Opera Centre' 480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
- The competition is not open to employees of Opera Australia, their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the competition.
- There is one prize package with a total prize value of approximately $1075, which includes:
- Two premium reserve tickets to Carmen at the Sydney Opera House, for any performance in July 2016, valued at approximately $600.
- One night's accomodation at the Sydney Sofitel Wentworth, valued at approximately $455.
- Program voucher valued at $20
- The competition commences at 5.00pm AEST on Thursday 24 March 2016 and continues until 12am Sunday 24 April 2016.
- The Promoter will select one image to win. This judging will take place at The Opera Centre (480 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills NSW) at 2pm on Tuesday 26 April 2016. Two employees of the Promoter will judge the winner.
- The winner will be notified via social media on the day they are chosen and in writing within one week. If the winner has not responded via social media and provided their details via email by the Monday after they are drawn, another winner will be selected.
- Any entry that is posted to Facebook but not on Opera Australia’s page (facebook.com/operaaustralia) is ineligible. Any entry posted to Twitter or Instagram without including the #operaharbour hashtag is ineligible. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrectly posted entries and entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period, or for any technical difficulties with entry.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- All prizes must be taken as stated. The prizes are not transferable, divisible or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. The judge's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from the competition, except that which cannot be excluded by law.