Opera Australia regularly advertises job vacancies in such as areas as artist management, orchestral management, music and language coaching, technical support, manufacturing, general administration, and education.
All advertised positions are placed on this Opera Australia website. Positions are usually advertised on ArtsHub, and often on sites such as Seek but less frequently in the press. For some jobs, professional association newsletters are also used to get the word out about vacant positions.
For more information or other queries about the jobs advertised below, contact Julie Pritchard, HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opera Australia is seeking a Casual Truck Driver for local movements of various opera production items. Based at our storage facility at Alexandria we are looking for a responsible NSW MR licensed person with an attention to detail to join our logistics team.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Loading and unloading of vehicles manually and with machinery
- Deliveries and collections of various opera production items including props, sets, floors, lighting and AV equipment along with raw building material for the workshop generally within the Sydney area.
- General stores labour, including moving scenery and props and assisting with unloading and accepting deliveries from other vehicles, including both Opera Australia trucks, outsourced semi-trailers and outside carriers.
- Assisting in setting up and breaking down of rehearsal items once delivered to the venues
Skills and experience
You must have:
- Current NSW MR Truck Licence for at least one year
- Forklift licence not required but highly regarded
- RTA print out of driving record highly regarded
- Attention to detail
- Motivation and reliability
- Flexibility, hours will vary depending on activity in the company at any one time. Store operating hours are 8am-5pm however after hours may be involved and there will be some weekend work.
Applications close Wednesday 15 April 2015 at 5pm (AEST)
Opera Australia is seeking a full-time Workshop Administrator to join the scenic manufacturing facility in the Technical Department. The Workshop Administrator reports to the Workshop Manager, and is responsible for the overall administration, co-ordination and general day to day running of the Workshop; and for the monitoring and documentation of expenditure against budgets & estimates as determined by Technical and Workshop management for all scenery and props manufacturing.
To apply, you will be a self-motivated individual, who enjoys a highly creative, deadline-driven environment. You will have sound administration experience, effective time management skills and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will have a proven ability to work methodically and accurately and be able to work as part of a team with other committed professionals. Strong document management skills and computer skills (intermediate level or higher) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint are essential.
Applications should address the key criteria and qualifications listed in the position description.
Applications close Monday 20 April 2015 at 5pm (AEST)
The Company is seeking a full-time Communications Manager. The role of Communications Manager has been created to bring publicity / media relations, social media, content creation and industry partnerships under the control of a single individual.
The role sits inside the Marketing department and reports to the Marketing Director. The Communications Manager will be empowered with a high degree of autonomy to think big and deliver even bigger.
The Communications Manager needs to be a visionary who can walk-the-talk, delegating when appropriate, but not being afraid to get their hands dirty. The role offers an incredible opportunity for the successful candidate to not only work with an internationally recognised brand, but to be given the freedom to enact real change.