Overture Dining at Sydney Opera House
Joan Sutherland Theatre, Northern Foyer
Until 1 September 2018
You're invited to sit back and relax with dinner before the show in the Northern Foyer of the Joan Sutherland Theatre at Sydney Opera House. Combined with uninterrupted harbour views, this will be the perfect start to your night at Sydney Opera House.
We've created a pop-up restaurant, exclusively for ticketholders. Enjoy a delectable Italian-inspired three-course menu before heading into the performance in the Joan Sutherland Theatre.
The Joan Sutherland Theatre Northern Foyer opens 90 minutes prior to performance start time. Spaces are limited each evening, so bookings are essential.
Simply add dinner to your cart after selecting tickets. If you already have tickets, sign in to your account to add dinner to your existing booking or call 02 9318 8200.
Wheelchair access is available however this must be pre-booked and availability is limited so booking early is recommended. Contact our Box Office on 02 9318 8200 or by emailing email@example.com.
$69 per person
A glass of Bandini Prosecco NV
Warm Sonoma bread with whipped butter (gluten free available)
Gioco di Verdure
Marinated zucchini, vine tomato, goat’s curd, dried olives, pickled radishes GF, V
Inizio di Salmone
Confit salmon, saffron and tomato crisp, fennel, cucumber salad with white balsamic GF, DF
Zucca dell’opera buffa
Roasted butternut pumpkin, puy lentils, parmesan, sauce vierge V, GF
Pollo del Maestro
Chicken breast, pearl onions, Swiss brown mushrooms, smoky bacon, red wine jus GF, DF
Seasonal greens ($7)
Dolce Nota Musicale
Dark chocolate mousse, milk chocolate crémeux, orange curd, white chocolate soil
- Published menu is subject to change without notice;
- We recommend you arrive 90 minutes prior to the performance start time (and no later than one hour prior to the show) to ensure you have appropriate time to enjoy your dinner service. We will not be able to service your table if you arrive less than 60 minutes prior to the performance start time;
- This is a fixed menu, specific dietary requests can be accommodated on request, with a minimum of 48 hours notice;
- Additional food or drink requested on the night can be paid for by cash or card;
- Cancellation and no shows for reservations will not be refunded.
The Joan Sutherland Theatre Northern Foyer Bar at Sydney Opera House opens 90 minutes before evening performances. It is not open before matinee performances or performances of Great Opera Hits. Items from this menu are only available before evening performances.
If you already have tickets, simply sign in to your account and go to 'upcoming performances' to add a dinner reservation.
Dining in the Northern Foyer of the Joan Sutherland Theatre. Photo by Anna Kucera.
Marinated zucchini, vine tomato, goat's curd, dried olives, pickled radishes.
Chicken breast, pearl onions, Swiss brown mushrooms, smoky bacon, red wine jus.
Dark chocolate mousse, milk chocolate crémeux, orange curd, white chocolate soil.